Sunday, December 05, 2010

Tutu Cute!

Really, how does a mother put into words the cuteness and sweetness that is having a ballerina daughter. Now, I get that not all girls like to, want to, and aspire to dance on stage. This however is not the case for Avery. She LOVES the stage. Each Sunday she asks if she gets to sing on stage. (She sings on stage twice a year at church for her age group.) She loves ballet class and again asks each morning if it is "ballet day"...."no that is only Tuesday," I reply. Last night was no exception. She had never seen the big stage here before so I took her backstage before heading to our waiting area to check things out. There was a group of older girls practicing a dance...she was in awe.

Click Here for Video

Her good friend Jubliee is in her class.

Coloring princess pages while patiently waiting for their turn.
Teacher Miss Hannah comes to visit the girls before the production.

Avery is in front.
Third one over from the left.

Chelsea, another mom and I were stage moms so we got to view the dance from the sidelines. (ummm, I am pretty sure that is not a ballet term, but it sounds good here.)

Look at her form, there is air under her feet. I am pretty sure she is a natural.
The first thing she said while walking off stage was, "it that all I get to dance on stage tonight?!?" She didn't cry but I could tell she was heartbroken. (Their dance was pretty close to 1.5 minutes long.)

While all the ballerinas were getting picked up Avery asks me, "did daddy get me flowers?" I had, of course, clued him in to the fact that he HAD to bring her flowers. AND our good friend Liz clued me in to the fact that all the girls would be getting flowers...just so ya know. Thanks Liz. Later she asks, "why did I get flowers?"

They danced to music from the Nutcracker, "Russian" was the name of their song. Avery now hears this music and stops to remind me it is from her dance class. We will be going to a local production of the Nutcracker next weekend. I can hardly wait!

Did I mention that I was proud of her?!?!

0 comments: