Going to church on Christmas Eve is my MOST favorite part of Christmas. It just bring everything into focus and I always leave with my spirit lifted. I have so many memories of growing up and going to LATE midnight mass as a child. Even in North Dakota with my grandparents, in the most beautiful church, in the middle of nowhere!

Avery notices right away the nativity set, which has been set up for a weeks now, but tonight she really sees it and we chat about why and what the meaning of it is. (I really must get us a nativity set for our house!!!)

The kids are told a Christmas story at the beginning of service. So, so cute!

This, this is why church is so important. Not the building and going, but the doing. The relationships formed with others, the tradition behind what we teach. The truth that is our every day. Thank you Jesus.
"Where there is light, the darkness can not follow."
0 comments:
Post a Comment