Thursday, December 02, 2010

Shadows

Avery took this photo and I find it to be quite intriguing. It was late afternoon, or actually not so late...just the same time of day, about 3pm, that we had previously enjoyed this park a few days before, without a shadow. I think shadows are beautiful and yet so often go unnoticed. We here often find ourselves playing shadow tag or see who can swing higher as to not have their shadow "squashed." It is simple. It brings joy. I find it interesting that in any photo that you see a shadow it must be placed their either by accident or completely on purpose. How many photographers must wait ever so patiently to capture an imagine with just the right shadow. If a cloud rolls by or a person stands in the wrong place, at the wrong time, in a split second, the shadow won't share its beauty. I kinda wonder if this is how we see other people around us. If we meet someone at just the right time we may become friends...but wait five minutes and we could just as easily, due to circumstance, be enemies. Funny, don't you think?

0 comments: