Sunday, January 11, 2009

God Plays a Joke

Anyone who knows us knows that we are NOT a family of aspiring pet owners. Gary thought he wanted a dog, until he came to understand that would not make life easier for us. Ethan, well he could take them or leave them...they are interesting for about two hours. Avery, well how loud can one girl scream? And me. Let's just say about one week ago I shead about two tears knowing that my very good friends were getting a dog and that now every time I was visiting I would have to deal with dog slobber, dog breath, dog jumping on me, dog, dog, dog....ugh. Well yesterday Gary pointed out that there was a dog loose in our front yard. Being at home as much as I am I have a really good idea of the dogs in the neighborhood, where they live and if they should be out. This dog had never been seen before. After a walk around the block knocking on doors, a trip to the vet to see if he was microchipped (and they gratiously gave us food), a post on craigslist, and chatting with a few friends we were at a loss. So the dog spent the night at our house. I don't know what happened to my non-dog ways but I find it really ironic that I let this dog in our house. Today we called the police and they came to take away our new friend. Everything we read about this dog glared, "NOT for your family." So with a sad but hopeful heart we hope this puppy that did not bark once (except at the TV), did not pee or poop in our house, did not cause much havoc at all will find a loving home.Now don't get me wrong, we will not be taking in any more pets for quite awhile. However, Erin, we will be excited to visit you and your home with your new dog.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is an adorable dog, did the vet tell you it might be a shiba inu/ akita mix?? those cost any where from $300 to over $1,000. We wanted one.
from nikole