Monday, January 19, 2009

Change

Tomorrow is the day for change. Tomorrow history will be made and all the world will be watching. A new president will take office and that is always a momentous occasion but this feels bigger than ever before. I am hopeful that America will except the change and accept the challenge to change themselves. I think that is what will make the biggest impact. I often think about the days when President Kennedy was sworn in to office and the excitement that filled the air, or the speech given by Dr. Martin Luther King. I have never lived through anything so big or so hopeful. I wonder if this is a similar experience for the country. I am excited, I am nervous, I am hopeful, and I remain in awe how one person can bring a nation together.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not sleep last night! There will be a celebration, and tears. I am so excited and hopeful, I cannot even describe!