Monday, March 01, 2010

Daily News

No photos today but I wanted to note how great of a day we had anyway. It started out a littleb it rocky but once I skipped my shower, make-up and anything that had to do with me (except brushing my teeth) we headed out the door to a fantastic day. It is March 1, 2010 and it was 68 degrees outside today! We first headed to my friend Amber's garden. We are garden sharing this year so we spent two hours pulling weeds. She and her kids were busy with school and life but we worked out tails off. It was so pleasant to let the kids run around from the garden to the swing set. Even Avery got brave and made the trek herself a few times. She also had a blast in the garden finding worms. She was even picking them up to show me! Ethan on the other hand was busy collecting rocks out of the garden. He found a few really big ones that we had to carry together. That was fun...we filled the wagon with rocks and then he had to push it while I pulled in order to get it to the dumping pile for rocks. I think having something to work at together really gave us a sense of accomplishment together. Once I told Avery she needed to stop screaming the day was awesome. We also headed to the bank, the grocery store, the Goodwill drop, the biggest pet store ever (to buy a new fish since fish Avery died yesterday) and finally home. Getting all the other stuff done around here while also spending all afternoon outside until 5pm was a bit challenging but we were successful. Oh March how I love you. Please, please stay so nice and warm here.

0 comments: