Just like First Free Monday, what do you suppose we do when the Art Museum is free for a day...check it out!!!


Liz, a former Art teacher and very dear friend of mine (we are going through life together and I am so blessed by her!) has the kids engaged into discussion about the art piece on the wall. (Which, as a professional photographer, I know not to take a picture of.)

Avery could not wait to head up this staircase. She must have know it lead to the outdoors!

Tip one for taking kids to an art museum, find plenty of space to burn energy BEFORE you ask them to walk quietly and to ponder a few pieces or work.





This locker room was made out of yarn! Yes, yarn! (And in case you were wondering, I "forgot" I couldn't take photos here...ok, well really, it's yarn...what can it hurt I ask you!?!?)
Oh, they ask you politely to put the camera away, the first time.

This is our version of "human art." Do they all look tired out? Yes, but the day is not done! On the way to the car we find the Lego store! Guess we gotta stop here too. (This impromptu kind of action is what keeps Liz and I tied together.)

The guy working here ROCKED! He had the kids engaged into the latest Lego magazine, doing word puzzles and reading...for fun....cuz he could, for at least ten minutes!

The girls were building at this table a creation for the masses. Did you know you can build a Lego creation online and the store will map out the directions to build and send you the piece you need??? That, is what we call, FANTASTIC! We haven't done it yet, but I am sure it will be on the project list soon.
0 comments:
Post a Comment