Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Burke Christmas Party

This evening, while we were invited to a caroling Christmas party which we were looking forward to attending, we thought it best to keep our coughing children home from standing in the pouring down rain. Silly, I know...but we did. Avery was really wanting to wear her party dress so we decided to have our own party at home. The kids laid out a blanket in front of the fireplace and set the "table" with paper plates, because that is what you would do at a party. We ate the cheese puffs we were planning to bring, cheese and cracker, oranges, peppers and strawberry milk was requested over hot cocoa. Cheers!
Setting out the food.

After dinner we needed music. Ethan just got up and started playing the piano with Avery right next to him. That made my heart sing!
Then we topped off the party with some really dance music from Will Smith and ate candy canes. Although I really would have loved to go to the party out I really, really enjoyed being home with my family. Tomorrow night...decorating sugar cookies. I can't wait!

0 comments: