Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Trick or Treat

About four days before Halloween Avery, while sitting in the back seat started talking to me about her costume and what she wanted to be. Up until this point she was, of course, going to dress up as a princess. The choices she was giving were so creative and I literally had to quickly realize she was being serious and not laugh at her but rather with her and encourage her ideas. The first thought, a stop sign. Then, a purple shoe with ribbon. Lastly, a bus. Yeah, tell me which one you would like to have to design? (I bet it wouldn't be a purple shoe people!) The bus was decided upon and we went into action mode. Gary took over the engineering of this costume which I was extremely glad about. I would have loved to have been a part of that however I was sitting next to him for hours and hours making a General Grevious costume. (From Star Wars, for those who don't know.)


Yes, I made Ethan's costume. I have to say I am so proud of myself. If you know me well, you know I am not super crafty. I did enjoy working on sewing his costume though. Making a paper mache mask was fun too. Who can't do paper mache, right? It had only been about 15 years since I last did that kind of project. Again, what a blast. oh, and thank you internet for providing some ideas for our projects...you were invaluable.



0 comments: