This weekend we spent at the beach with our good friends. We had a most fabulous time. There are moments I can not get out of my head, or rather, my heart. We headed out to fly kites and although that was fun, it lasted only a short while...it was too confining to be "tied" to something. Ethan took off his shoes and literally exclaimed, "I can run like the wind!" Yes baby, you CAN run like the wind. It fills me with joy to hear those words and it tears at my heart strings. I want my children to walk, jump, skip, sit and run, yes, run like the wind. At the same time I want to hold the kite string...I want to confine them to me. It may seem selfish, alright, it is selfish but that is okay. Just because I want something doesn't mean I have control over it. Just as I can not control the wind, I can not contain the spirits that are my children. I can only prepared them to take flight and may it be, with God's help, like the wind. Fly my children, fly. And know that I will always be at the other end of your kite string.
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment