Sunday, May 31, 2009

Daily Adventure

Last week we had to stay home from school for two days while we were on the mend. Sick enough to not be at school but not so sick that we had to stay in bed. I think this was a small gift from God telling us to slow down and just enjoy each other....so we did.

This is our adventure journey we went on. Although it may seem that we were traveling the world abroad, we literally crossed the street to find joy in our daily treasures. My most favorite treasure, time with my kids, laughing, having fun...just being.

First, we sat and watched the recycle truck for a long while in our own front yard!
Then we found a "tomatoe" bug a.k.a. potatoe bug or rolly polly.
And sat and watched it for awhile. We decided that he would not
really like to live in an adventure bag.
One of my favorites...Whisteria.
(clearly I don't know how to spell that.)
Finally, we made it to the park where we needed to replenish our bodies.
Fruit snacks and good, old fashioned water.
(Ethan making a mean face.)

1 comments:

Ricci Family Adventure said...

I need to do this with my kids. I am so impatient! I have a lot to learn from you! Slow down and watch to tomatoe bugs!