This past weekend Lisa, my best friend, called and told me there was a huge sale on kids beds at a local store. So of course we had to go see. Ethan's bunk bed, although just fine for him, had a few dangerous things about it. Since we didn't use the bottom mattress we had an exposed metal bar just waiting for someone to land on, and the ladders could not come off. That wasn't an issue until now when I want Avery to feel comfortable playing upstairs with her brother....just not on the beds. So we now have fixed the problem and are so pleases to not have to worry anymore.
I do have to say that it broke my heart that as soon as we put the sheets on the bottom bed she grabbed her blankie and sucker and jumped right on up as if that bed was put there for her. The last two nights when we have had to put her in her bed she just cries to sleep by Ethan. (If she had practice sleeping in a big bed we would just leave her...but I am not ready to have her out of her crib. Plus the drop is about three feet off the ground.) Poor baby.
1 comments:
you are a brave momma! We considered bunk beds, almost got them, then decided no...matthew and maddie share a room, and that ladder would be WAY to tempting for my monkey girl. I'm sure she would find a way to put it up herself...
Post a Comment