Thursday, January 06, 2011

The Nativity

I went in to tuck Avery in one night and found this in the middle of her room. There are pieces from our nativity sets all mixed together, (no, I do not have a really nice, beautiful hands-off to the kids nativity yet.) Instead, we enjoy the old pieces that are left from Gary's moms set that she gave us a few years back. The Veggie-tales set that came to Ethan for his 1st Christmas from Auntie Janae and plays the most hilarious version of Little Town of Bethlehem I have ever heard, and the clay pieces that once again Auntie Janae sent to Avery for her first Christmas...which tiny pieces are breaking off each year but are still so cute! I decided I would rather have the kids play with all of these together and tell and retell the Christmas story over and over than tell them not to touch. One year I will buy myself what I find to be the nativity set of my dreams...and I don't think it will play silly music, but who knows?

0 comments: