Yesterday the kids and I were having a fantastic day. We ended up close to a friends house and decided to return the grass aerator that we had borrow awhile ago. The kids went to put the tool in the garage and then came right back in. While Lisa and I decided to have an impromptu picnic with the kids the boys were just hanging out together. I sat down for about 30 seconds when all of a sudden Ethan came in from the garage with "Mooooom?!?!" Well needless to say we quickly said goodbye to our picnic at the park and to our friends. Ethan had, as far as we can tell, had stubbed his toe on the end of the aerator. That my friends, is not the way to a good pedicure.




I was so impressed with the staff at the walk-in clinic. They clearly had done this more than once. We put a superman cape on Ethan (wrapped him in a sheet so he couldn't move while I got to hold him down and listen to him scream) and all the while two other nurses leaned over his legs to 1. hold hi, down and 2. block the view so he couldn't watch. Again, this all sucked but for being so sucky they were amazing. By the time we were done Ethan was ready to go. The dr. turned around to find Ethan standing on the bed (which was raised up far from the floor). She smiled at me and said, "you must have a boy." Yes, yes I do.

After all the drama we headed over to Frost. This just happens to be one of the BEST donut shops around. I think I needed the treats more than the kids but we all decompressed and headed home. The second we got home Ethan started riding his bike. I guess this is just one more notch on his belt in life. (I am hoping we are done now. we have done stitches and broken bones in the family...can we be done now?)
On a side note. The night before this happened, Ethan told me that for Halloween he wanted to be a guy that broke his toe. I think that is hilarious! (But be careful of what your kids ask for!)
0 comments:
Post a Comment